Adrian joins our team the first weekend in July!
He's fun, friendly, and full of knowledge... some of it is even wine related ;)
Are you interested in getting your foot in the door in Oregon’s Wine industry? Do you love startups? Can you smile and remain calm under pressure? This could be the perfect opportunity to get exposure in a new business organization, understanding what it entails to create one.
This is a key position in our Operations team, and currently covered by one of our founders. The candidate can expect training on site and shadowing/assisting our founder during the first couple of weekends on the job, as well as exposure to the inner workings of a striving startup with a social-environmental mission and developing an innovative business model. This unique and stimulating position puts you on the front-line of wine tourism, delivering unforgettable wine tasting experiences with a modern, build-your-own-tour approach.
We are looking for an energetic individual that has a passion for making connections in the wine industry, managing daily operations, and providing great customer service. Prospective candidates must have a friendly host-like presence and be able to keep composure while managing a number of moving parts. We use a couple of tech tools to manage the day (keep track where our shuttles are dropping/picking up people, assign next stops to shuttles, notify Guests about route wide events), so a degree of tech savviness is required.
The Dispatch role wears multiple hats throughout the day including coordinating our shuttles on the route and being the official host for the day, welcoming guests, etc - generally ensuring the service flows following our written guidelines and addressing issues that may arise during the day. When playing the role of dispatch, it is important to be organized and communicate clearly. When playing host, welcoming our guests with warmth, hospitality, and knowledge, is the expectation of the right candidate. Dispatch “runs the show” for the day, so the role requires legitimate leadership skills and someone that can keep their cool when things deviate from the plan.
This is a fast moving part-time position on Saturday and Sundays through Dec 1, 2019.
- 2+ years customer service experience
- The position will require sitting, standing and the ability to lift upwards of 50lbs
- Mobile phone and headset
- Comfortable using technology, google suite including docs, drive, gmail, and especially sheets, together with own in-house tools developed to follow and manage shuttles in-route.
- Exposure or interest in Oregon Wine Industry a plus
- Welcome guests and provide daily tour details
- Field customer inquiries and problem solving
- Manage bottle check system (like a coat check for wine purchases)
- Provide clear instruction to drivers
- Track fleet and ensure they are achieving appropriate time intervals
- Record data reported by drivers
- Provide top notch customer service at all times
This position requires someone who wants to take charge and build a name for themselves in the North Willamette Valley Wine Country.
Please respond with a brief paragraph that explains why you are interested in this role + resume.